Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We wrote history...

I will never forget the 20th day of January, 2009! History was made in a country that is one of the greatest countries on the face of the earth. President B.H Obama took oath and is now the 44 President of the United States, as the first black president. The crowd was full of black, white, old, young, veterans, seasoned people, and anyone and everyone who weathered the cold.

I watched and listen to a man who will need so much help to correct a land in turmoil, fear, hurt, and is distracted by everything.. but God. I don't expect him to change the world in 4 years, nor do I expect him to work miracles. I pray that God will have his hand on this country and its leaders. I pray that wisdom will fill the room and heads in the way in which they should lead. I believe that God placed in the White House who he wanted. I still firmly believe the heart of a king is in the hands of God. Obama is our leader, but as Americans we need so badly to seek God. I will celebrate a moment that I never thought I would ever see. I will rejoice in a time where a color barrier has been cracked, plowed, and broken down. I smile because I have seen change, while I'm alive.

TGBTG

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing to think that your child will never know a world in which there was NOT a black president?

    ReplyDelete