Monday, March 2, 2009

The power of the tongue... confessions

It has been on my heart to write this down and truly explain how powerful this topic is to me. In a great way, it's part of the many testimonies of my life.

There are many things that I have confessed over, prayed over and believed in. Some of these things include: A godly man that I would marry some day (I did!), jobs, renewed relationships with family, choices regarding school, finances, uncommon pregnancy are just a few things that I (we) have confessed over.

One especially that is dear to my heart in the last few months is my uncommon pregnancy. When D and I started to think about this idea of a child in our future, I held on and was encouraged by my pastor's testimony. She confessed daily that her pregnancies would be healthy and free from the usual inconveniences. So, when I heard that, I began my own. Its amazing to look back in the last nine months and see what GOD has done with that confession. Not only are people amazed by the lack of sickness that I have experienced, but how 'smooth' everything has gone. Its awesome to say that we've been confessing and believing that this would happen throughout the whole pregnancy and it has. Another realm of the pregnancy that I have been confessing and believing for is that the baby would come early. Its amazing to see how many people from their own experiences choose to not be in faith with you or even not encouraging for what you are hoping for. They realize how supernatural the first 9.5 months of the pregnancy have been for us, and then they decide to state what happens in the 'world's bird's eye' of pregnancy life. At first it was really discouraging, but I really am still claiming and confessing that I do deliver early, but in GOD's time. To some degree, I don't think people understood/understand that I have held on to these confessions, and I have seen them come true in many areas of my life. But, it also makes me realize that when someone is believing for a husband, child, or a job, I really think about how I respond to them, because often its something that they may have been confessing/believing in for a long time.

One awesome testimony that I hold dear to my heart is when I was younger, I made a list of all the characteristics that I wanted in my husband. Some of them were superficial desires, like looks or that he enjoyed playing/watching sports, but then I had many others that included: had a good job, provided for his family, prayed with me and his family, had a personal relationship with GOD (just to name a few). I referred to that list often when I met new men/boys back in the day. I can honestly say that through tragedy/sadness, comes goodness and how awesome GOD truly is. I look at my marriage and the person that GOD put into my life, and see so many wonderful things. My husband is a great provider for my (our) family. I see his relationship with God manifesting to new levels for him and his family. He encourages me to strengthen my relationship through meditation and prayer. He has interpersonal relationship skills that covers over me where mine are lacking. So, I look back to the past in positive ways of reflection and see how GOD was only preparing and molding me to meet, be courted by, marry, and now have his children. But, I held true to the things that I believe GOD wanted me to have in my future husband. I sought GOD and believed that these characteristics were things that would be possessed in a future husband that GOD would have for me. We can truly be powerful if we set our eyes on things above and believe in the impossible for GOD to make them possible in HIS time.

LJ

2 comments:

  1. I praise God that your (and our) prayers have been answered with this pregnancy. I apologize if I have discouraged you in any way throughout your pregnancy Leah. I have only made comments about 'hoping for early but planning for late' because I went through 3 weeks of frustration when I was sure baby would come early. I do believe God can do it, if it's his timing. Anyhow - I'm sure I'll talk to you about this too. I didn't realize it was a frustration for you...again - sorry! Feel free to tell me if something like this is bugging you. I don't want to continually discourage! Love you & I'm praying for you. Thanks for sharing your heart on here. It has made me think about how I respond to people too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretch,

    Please don't worry about it. I appreciate the thought and insight into what to expect when baby gets here. We are told to seek council from those "elders" lol... please continue to speak into our lives. The email really was not directed to anyone, we have really been dealing with a few things internally and the blog is some place where we express what we are thinking out loud. You are not discouraging us at all.. don't stop being you, Gretch.

    PS. We are so praying for our families and friends.

    ReplyDelete