Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Raindrops and Memories

Today I am reminded of a childhood song:
It's raining, it's pouring;
The old man is snoring.
Bumped his head
And he went to bed
And he couldn't get up in the morning.

Memories are can be a scary reality but they also can be happy. It's interesting to me to compare memories of old college times and even growing up and see how different we may have viewed certain times.

I am reminded of the time DeWayne and I were just dating in the summer of 2003. We talked the whole night through and saw our first sunrise together. Last night, I woke up and went downstairs to realize that he was awake. We talked and went to breakfast and would have seen our second sunrise (if it wasn't cloudy) together.

I was telling DeWayne the other day of the "everyday shirt" song that Ker used to sing. I guess I only remember the chorus... Since, the more we hang out with MG, D finds out more stuff about my(our) childhood than I might have let on. Thanks, Marc Daniel. But, it makes us who we are, that's for sure. :-) It would be neat to have a written collection of our memories from our childhood. My siblings and I didn't always have the easiest childhood/early adulthood, but we did make some great memories as individuals, siblings, son and daughters, and grandchildren. We forget those great times and they need to be remembered more often.

Here's a few that I can think of:
Fresh bread from Hilltop from Grandma D.
Cooking/playing with my sisters in the 5-headed trees up north
Mom driving us to GCS
Flowers and cake for every birthday (spam for kerri's birthday!)
Running in the mailbox on my new bike... lol

1 comment:

  1. I heard about that running into the mailbox thing...hehe.

    I'm learning more too - DeWayne & I are learning together. I'm sure we both have things that are behind a slightly closed door as well. Love you.

    ReplyDelete