Friday, May 9, 2008

how we came, TGBTG

Our road to where we are has been a rough but trusting road. I have not really given all the praise to whom all praise is due. Thank God that we had the faith to rehearse our living testimony and for his blessing thought out this new journey. This may be a long posting!

Many people close to us know that we started to really pray for somethings financially, spiritually, and job wise for our family. We even threw up a prayer for having kids soon. The end of last year send some ups and downs but we again could continue to hear the voice of God saying... rewind what I have continually done for you and trust me. The funny thing is that, when we try to wrap our little minds around how he going to do it, instead of just doing his will and watching the miracle happen, we waste so much time. These last couple of months added stress about jobs, worry about health, and a battle about the roles in our relationship. Why can't we ever just listen?

The testimony starts off with me asking for a raise of just $2 dollars... $2 additional dollars for all the hard work and extra duties for my past employee. We really did not want Leah to have to commute to teach for the extra income. I counted on God to bless her some way and fast. Again, I was told to trust him, however, the semester before when we increased our titles and our giving to advance the kingdom... God increase us with a double blessing in Leah's job (I thought it was coming to me) and the increase took care of a lot of things. This time I followed the voice and asked for more money. Now sometimes we think that a NO mean NO. The only thing is my faith is to strong! My boss told me that there was nothing they could do and that I'm really not doing anything more than expected. I WAS DOING HER JOB!!! She could not get me any more money. So in the meantime, I got a second job to make a few more dollars... Blockbuster Video. Things for me got really bad for me over the next couple of months and my rock.. my wife helped me deal with the stress and the rejection of believing that God was not doing anything to help. I will never forgot the message that my pastor told us. As a child of God, there is nothing you can't have. If God has it for you, he will get it to you. There are blocks in our way, but the other side of confussion is blessing.

Leah and I started to sow seed into the church. We sowed seed for Leah education and just a change in my status. Then on January 21, God had moved however I did not know it. I had just got out of a meeting with my boss who told me that I'm not being a team player, and pretty much told me I sucked. Upset and just plain mad, I sat at my desk and recieve a call. A resume sent and two days later and interview. How does that happen... and why would one of the biggest Michigan Hospital be seeking me out. Excited and scared at the same time. Its funny that we want God to move, but when he does we ask a million and one questions about the open door. Leah and I had so many questions about the house, her school, and gas. Again we trusted!

When thing feel right...they just feel right. God blessed us beyond my expectations by doubling me to a point where my check represents both my current and Leah current income combined. Thank you Jesus! We were able to rent our house out to a lovely expecting couple and even sign on to a townhouse in Grand Rapids that we both love. Leah will be pursuing her Doctoral degree from Western Michigan with all expenses paid. We are in the mist of fighting for our families in spiritual battles. Why did he pick Grand Rapids for us. I have to admit, I miss the heck out of my nieces and nephews but I got a second chance. I have a beautiful nephew named Issac whom I would give the world to. He's got some awesome people looking out for him. We are so blessed to a point of awe. I love my job and know this is my ticket to a dream that I thought I lost, knowing my rib had to be praying for me. I have always wanted to be an executive director for a Foundation by 30 years old. Leah I love you so much.. thanks for remembering those things and being so supportive. This is why, I will never stop giving back to God, the church, and anyone who needs help. I know where I came from... not going back! I can't beat him giving, no matter how hard I try. So for all who wanted to know, that's how and why we are here.

TGBTG

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure what God has in store for you in GR, but I am grateful that you guys are closer & that we've been able to spend more time together & get to know one anothers hearts and passions more.

    ReplyDelete